The results of the ballots following the recent AGM have now been announced and the results of the elections are as follows:
Chair: the winning candidate is Russell Myers
Secretary: the winning candidate is Allan Richardson
Training Officer the winning candidate is Steve Gray
Individual Member representatives: the winning candidates are Nigel Atkins and Josh White
I. Remove requirement for regional anchor installer trainers/assessors to be subject to approval from the Equipment & Techniques Committee Passes
2. Changes to Section 10.1 of the Constitution:
A) Be entirely removed
B) Have the first line removed
C) Be entirely re-written All Options Fail
3. Replacement of Standing Committees with Working Groups, merging of responsibilities of Training and Equipment & Techniques, and removal of Publications & Information Officer Passes
4. Adjustments to the Constitution to facilitate Online AGMs and the following Online ballots Passes
5. Replacement of gendered role titles with gender-neutral alternatives throughout the Constitution Passes
6. Updates to the Equality & Diversity Policy Passes.
The BCA Returning Officer, Ari Cooper-Davies said in his summary of the results: “Thank you to all those who stood for election, proposed or seconded an amendment, and voted in this online ballot. You are helping to shape the future of British Caving.”
The above information is taken from the Returning Officer’s summary.